with "excellent" by 6 travellers
Doho Lodge is welcoming you to its untouched Doum palm forest, Savanna, Typha Reed, lakes and hot spring habitats. It is situated 22 km northwest of Awash Town with the shortcut road and 36 km along the asphalt road of Semera-Djibouti and with only 6 km gravel road. It is 246 km east of Addis Ababa. This area is amazing for its natural hot springs.
Enjoyable boat rowing during sun set.
Breakfast with traditional coffee infront of the restaurant facing the lake.
Major attractions and unique feafures of the area:
1. Presence of private and communal hot spring showers and bathes.
2. Wildlife: Hippos, Waterbucks, Hamadryas baboons, Lesserkudus, Warthogs, Griver monkeys, Rock hyraxes, Abyssinan hare, Jackals, hyenas, Tortoises, etc. and many reptiles including the Rock python and baffadors.
3. Rich in terrestrial and aquatic bird species: Arabian bustard, Orange-bellied parrot, Owles, other bustard species, ducks, Sandgrouses, Nightjars, etc. which the lodge guides take you straight to these species.
4. Bot rowing either self or along with the sailer.
5. Hot spring lake with several hot springs